Every successful business has a set of policies that guide them in their day-to-day operations.
Here are ours:
Firm offices shall open for business at 8:30 am and close at 5:00 pm.
The Florida Bar Rules and the Board of Accountancy Rules require that lawyers and CPAs conduct themselves in a professional manner when dealing with their clients, the Courts, other attorneys and CPAs, and the public. The Pappas Group requires that not only its licensed lawyers, CPAs, and IRS Enrolled Agents meet the professionalism requirements of the Florida Bar and the Florida Board of Accountancy, but that all of its employees meet those requirements.
- See Florida Bar’s Henry Latimer Center for Professionalism.
- See Florida Board of Accountancy’s Disciplinary Guidelines.
Interactions with Clients and Guests of the Firm
Employees shall at all times treat clients, potential clients and guests of the firm with dignity and respect. These individuals are often under a lot of stress and, in addition, are largely responsible for our success. Rudeness or lack of responsiveness to a client of the firm will not be tolerated and is grounds for dismissal.
Client Refund Policy
We will refund client fees in whole or in part as the situation warrants. Refunds will be automatically made in the following situations:
- The problem for which we were hired is resolved before we have begun work on the matter
- The client changes his or her mind about using our services before we have begun work on the matter
- We made an error that cannot be corrected or that the client was forced to have someone else correct
We will not refund client fees, either in whole or in part, in the following situations:
- The client changes his or her mind after we have begun work on the matter
- The client has not provided the information we requested on a timely basis and as a result we were unable to do the work for which we were contracted
- The client provided false or incorrect information making it impossible for us to perform the services for which we were engaged
The Pappas Group, P.A. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, creed, skin color or sexual preference. Our policy is and always has been to hire the best candidate for the job.
Sexual harassment, which for our purposes is defined to include both verbal and non-verbal language and any act that has the effect of creating a sexually hostile work environment, is a ground for dismissal. Employees who are subject to harassment or believe that others are being subject to harassment are encouraged to contact management immediately so that the problem can be addressed. Intentionally false charges of sexual harassment are also grounds for dismissal and will be dealt with accordingly.
The dress code is dress casual. Sneakers, sandals, blue jeans and skirts and dresses that end above the knee are not permitted.