As published in the Winter Park/Maitland Observer, Thursday Jan. 3, 2012 Edition Offers... Read More »
Obama to Propose Buffett Rule: A Minimum Tax Rate for the Uber-Rich
“The tenth rule of the ethics of rules and means is that you do what you can with what you have and clothe it in moral arguments. …the essence of Lenin’s speeches during this period was “They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” And it was.”
- Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals, P. 36-37 -
The end is a bigger centralized government, higher taxes on the wealthy and successful and more federal control of private enterprise.
The means is scaring people into believing that the only reason that they are not also wealthy and successful is because we don’t have these things.
From Daily Pundit:
WASHINGTON — President Obama on Monday will call for a new minimum tax rate for individuals making more than $1 million a year to ensure that they pay at least the same percentage of their earnings as middle-income taxpayers, according to administration officials.
Yawn. It that it? Is that all you got left?
Another freaking tax on rich people?
Do you have any idea just how pathetic you’ve become? This sort of crap won’t even motivate your base any more.
UPDATE: Tyler Durden suggests an unintended consequence.
We shouldn’t be surprised anymore by the left’s populist appeal to one class of Americans to stick it to another class of Americans. It has always attempted to further its agenda by convincing the majority of Americans that they are being lied to, cheated, abused, oppressed and victimized by a minority of Americans who have better lives than they do.
- They scare elderly people by telling them that heartless Republicans want to take their social security and wheel them off a cliff to their deaths.
- They tell black people that racist Republicans want to return America back to the days of Jim Crow and, perhaps, even reinstate the institution of slavery.
- They tell non-Christians that evangelical Republicans want to seize the reigns of government and institute a theocracy.
- They tell illegal aliens that xenophobic Republicans want to enforce America’s immigration laws only because they hate brown people.
Fortunately, these tactics have become stale and every day more and more people are refusing to fall for them.