PJ Media reports that seven of the top ten wealthiest members in Congress are Democrats:
Yes America, there is a wealth gap. Seven of the top ten wealthiest members in Congress are Democrats.
The results are based on a new study released today by the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics. The Center did an analysis of the financial statements filed by members of Congress for 2010 income and net worth.
This revelation of extreme wealth by Democratic politicians is completely contrary to the public image of the Democratic Party. President Obama has castigated “millionaires and billionaires,” suggesting they are evil people, largely Republican or conservative.
The issue of the Democratic Party as the millionaire party has not yet made it into the mainstream media. But the facts are indisputable. Democratic members of Congress tend to be wealthier than their Republican counterparts.
According to the Center, 36 Senate Democrats and 30 Senate Republicans reported an average net worth in excess of $1 million in 2010. The median estimated net worth among members of the Senate Democrats was $2.58 million. Senate Republican median net work was $2.43 million.
And, the wealthy Democrats tend to inherit their money. Republicans tend to earn it.
I wonder how many of these wealthy Democrats who claim the rich aren’t paying their fair share have voluntarily contributed money to the U.S. Treasury?
- George Soros Gives $100 million dollars to Human Rights Watch Instead of U.S. Government
- German Billionaire Bashes Gates and Buffet for Not Giving Their Money to the State
- The Giving Pledge: Instead of Private Charity, Why Not Give it to the Government?
- Taxing the Rich Because You Can: The Beginnings of Totalitarianism
- Rich Deutschlanders Volunteer to Pay More Tax
- Self-Loathing Rich Liberals Want Higher Taxes
- Rich Liberals Don’t Really Want to Pay More Taxes
- Pro-Choice on Taxes
- IRS Voluntary Payment Check Off Box for the Benevolent Rich
- The Pro Tax Rich Should Voluntarily Pay More Taxes or Shut the #%&@ Up
- Tax on Rich is “No-Brainer,” Author of “Skinny Dip” Says